Sunday, August 25, 2013

After the meeting

There's something about being in a room with a bunch of ponies that you have never met before and knowing that you are all there for the same exact reason.
Just about everypony in AA will report the same feeling.
Although our stories are very different, we got into that room through the same powerlessness over drugs and alcohol. Although we were from every different background, unicorn, pegasus or earth, at least a small part of my story that I shared tonight was relevant to all of the ponies listening.(I hope! )
It was not air conditioned, there were no cookies and my seat was uncomfortable.  I had a great time.
Before every meeting I don't want to go and then when I get there I remember what I'm there for. Without fail I always leave feeling like a pony that is right-sized, refreshed and grateful that I get another day in Equestria.

No comments :

Post a Comment