Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The Gerbil Wheel

Something that seems to be common among the stallions and mares in AA is a lack of acceptance.
I know it is something that I struggle with every day.
I'm have to deal with someone that is mentally ill. It's the only explanation I have for her behavior. Something like OCD or some other disorder I don't know about.
Instead of saying to myself, "Sans, This mare is c.r.a.z.y.," and moving on with my life I am compelled to spent my mental energy contemplating:
  • Making her aware of her obnoxiousness by explaining carefully and in detail how she is obviously wrong.
  • Scream at her.
  • Try to embarrass her in front of others so she leaves in tears.
  • Try to have her forcibly removed from her position.
  • Other methods, each more cruel than the last.
The fallacy of the arguments that are running around in my head like a gerbil on speed is that none of the above options will even remotely change her or the situation. Every one sounds satisfying (oh yessss), but every single one will make everything worse.
Dear Celestia, I want to tell her what to do with herself. I want to tell everyone what a loon she is.
But I won't...
My natural reactions cant be trusted. I have been taught: "Restraint of Pen and Tongue."  Thank Celestia I have this journal and my program to absorb my C.R.A.Z.Y.
If I take a moment to accept that she is who she is I will be able to move on spend my energy on positive things (like my work! Bits, Bits, Bits...) 

No comments :

Post a Comment